A Beginner’s Guide to Faith-based Video Marketing: Everything you need to know to get started
Faith-based video Marketing for all
Faith-based video marketing is a powerful way to share your message, connect with your congregation, and attract new members. If you’re new to video marketing, here’s a beginner’s guide to help you get started
1. Determine Your Goals
Before starting any video marketing campaign, it’s important to determine your goals for your organization. Ask yourself what you hope to achieve with your videos. Are you trying to increase attendance at your church, share your church’s mission with a broader audience, or engage with members who can’t attend in person? Are you asking for donations or inviting people to attend or volunteer at an event?
Once you know your church’s goals, you can tailor your video content to meet those needs.
Consider these types of videos:
- Short clips from an event or service for social media
- Event recap videos to play at weekly services
- Videos asking for donations and volunteers in your weekly newsletters
- Introduction of your church and member testimonials on the “Becoming a member” page of your website
- Highlight reel for the front page of your website (You can see an example of this here: on Grace Covenant’s Chantilly Page)
2. Know Your Audience
Knowing your target audience is key to creating effective video content. Consider who you are trying to reach with your videos and what type of content they will find engaging. For example, if you’re trying to reach younger members, you may want to focus on creating shorter, more visually appealing videos that can be shared on social media. Once you know who your target audience is, you’ll know how best to reach them.
It’s also important to determine what stage of the marketing funnel your viewers are at. If you’re trying to attract new members, make videos that introduce your church and your mission, showing them what your church has to offer. If you’re asking current members to donate or volunteer at an event, make a succinct video that explains exactly how this is helping the community and clearly states how they can donate or sign up.
3. Create Compelling ContentCreating compelling content is essential to the success of your video marketing campaign. Make sure that your videos are visually appealing, well-produced, and tell a compelling story. Viewers want to watch something that is not only engaging, informative, and entertaining, but that looks high-quality and sounds professional. Make sure to include closed captioning as well, as 92% of consumers watch videos on mobile with the sound turned off. You can use a variety of video formats, such as interviews, testimonials, or event recap videos, to keep your content fresh and engaging. Use interviews of church leaders to tell viewers more about the church and how they can join. Film testimonials of current members so viewers can get first-hand perspectives of why they should join the church or volunteer. Combine this audio with footage of your most recent event or service to make the video more engaging. Don’t forget to include a call to action at the end of every video. Leave your viewers with a powerful message and give them something to do, whether it’s clicking a link to visit your website, texting a number to donate, or signing up to volunteer at an event.
4. Promote Your Videos
Promoting your videos is key to reaching a broader audience. Share your videos on social media, your church’s website, and email newsletters to increase their visibility. Encourage members to share your videos with their own networks to expand your reach even further.
Make sure the way you’re promoting your videos makes sense for the type of video. For example, embed an “Introduction to our Church” video into emails going out to new members, rather than to the entire congregation. Post shorter highlight videos and reels to your social media, rather than longer-form videos that are more suited for your website or YouTube channel.
5. Monitor Your Results
Tracking the success of your video marketing campaign is important to understand what’s working and what’s not. Monitor engagement rates, views, and feedback from viewers to make adjustments to your video content and tailor it to the needs of your audience.
6. Bonus Tips: Best Practices for Faith-based Video Marketing
- Keep videos authentic and genuine
- Use storytelling to connect with viewers
- Include a clear call to action in your videos
- Optimize your videos for mobile devices
- Use closed captions to make your videos accessible to all viewers
In conclusion, faith-based video marketing is a powerful tool that can help you connect with your congregation and reach new members. By understanding your goals, knowing your audience, creating compelling content, promoting your videos, and monitoring your results, you can create effective video content that shares your mission in a meaningful way.
At Life View Video Production, we specialize in creating high-end, engaging video content for faith-based organizations to help grow their community, spread their message, and increase their visibility. To learn more about how you can use video marketing to benefit your church, send us a message below!